Adorning the M800 are two trim rings at the piston knob, a trim ring at the section, and two cap bands bearing the inscription “Pelikan Souverän Germany.”  The cap top is 24K gold-plated with the single chick logo. The pattern is undeniably beautiful with rich, vibrant shades of brown intermingled with deep, lustrous blues swirled throughout. The pieces fit together securely providing a sense of quality craftsmanship. Note the blue highlights, a little different in each pen, which accent the warm colors of this rich design.As with all Pelikan Souverän pens, the M800 Grand Place Special Edition fountain pen utilizes Pelikan's renowned and dependable piston-fill system, which draws any bottled fountain pen ink into the barrel.Pelikan 18k solid gold nib units are well suited to customizations including Stub, Cursive Italic, or Left Oblique and are easily changed by you at home so aThe M800 Grand Place Special Edition fountain pen ships in a Pelikan brand presentation box which includes a soft pen wrap and all papers.dditional Pelikan M800 nib units are also available for individual purchase.Please note this is a mailing address only - we do not have an open retail shop. The barrel translucency which allows one to gauge the ink level is welcomed and we are seeing this translucency on more models these days.

The furniture is 24 carat gold-plated.

If that fails, you could try to email Pelikan about the situation. However many were made, it certainly feels more exclusive than most of the other recent special editions.

– Comfortable for the long haul without feeling too heavyThe Grand Place is no different from any other M800 as far as its dimensions go. I’m collecting Pelikan fountain pens seriously since I read your reviews. The section and piston knob of the M620 were done in that same shade of brown as the body whereas the M800 has a black section and piston knob. The Bayou and Grand Place look similar in coloring to my eye but my wife frequently tells me I have a bad eye for subtlety.Dan, I fully agree. Absent on the Burnt Orange, the M800 Grand Place employs a translucent barrel rather than a dedicated window. If you read the pen forums, you will see posts from time to time about Pelikan’s quality control, particularly as it relates to their nibs. It is unfortunate that nibs may come poorly aligned or with significant baby’s bottom, especially for the price paid but this can be true of any manufacturer. wishing it comes in a M600 size.Eye candy indeed and even better looking in person. Any advice would be most welcomeThank you for your kind words Philip. Pelikans of various sizes, mainly 800s.However, I regret to say that the Grand Place 805 was my first disappointment.

– A very limited edition that is sure to be in demandThe MSRP for this pen in the United States is $850.

Pelikan’s M800 Grand Place captures the personality of this special place in the complex patterns of brown, blue and cream cast resin set with gold-plated rings and accents. There are many that regret missing out on the M620 when it was released and those pens currently command a significant mark-up compared to their original asking price. I bought mine from an Ebay seller in Japan and, while it writes as well as any other Pelikan pens, the cap is clearly from a different batch of resin from the main body of the pen, being much lighter in tone. In person, the material is so much more complex and beautiful.I couldn’t agree more Dan. One nice feature is that the piston is easily serviced at home when it becomes stiff.

Looking on the bright side, the generous tipping of Pelikan’s modern nibs easily lends itself to after sales grinding from one of the many skilled nib meisters out there today. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that credit is given to Joshua E. Danley and The Pelikan’s Perch with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. First off, the M620 had a more coppery/reddish tone to it than the M800 version which appears to be more of a true brown. The feed provides a generous flow of ink and resists drying out. The M620 and all similar Cities series pens have appreciated significantly since their original release. You must fill out the appropriate Parallels will inevitably be made with the M620 which preceded this model 10 years earlier but there is a lot here to distinguish the two. The Grand Place material is originally found in the M620 City Series, and now it has returned as a special edition, limited production in the Souverän M800 size. It is however irritating and disappointing that Pelikan did not match the cap and the body when supplying the pen to the Japanese seller from whom I bought it.Do you think Pelikan would replace it if I asked? While you’re not likely to get any significant line variation, the nib does it’s job faithfully, producing a smooth, wet line of ink effortlessly. The M800 Grand Place has such a beautiful pattern to its material, the horsetail brown, caramel, and dark blue just go together so well. The first Pelikan fountain pen I bought was in 1992 when I was at university, I’m still writing with this pen. It writes perfectly well, but has no soul. Do you know an address I could contact? One important consideration here is that the ink view has returned. I love mine.

The resulting mismatch severely spoils the wonderful colour effect I had seen in pictures online and in reviews of other Grand Place models.

Despite the rumors of Pelikan’s 2016 line up that abounded at the end of last year, I’m not sure if anyone saw a new M800 of the same name forthcoming. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Unfortunately, this is being released as a fountain pen only so there are no companion ballpoints or rollerballs for those that enjoy those other styles of writing implement.