The rubberized grip of the pen fits comfortably in my hand and is very ergo dynamic. Super rOtring-esque and attainable for less than $30. Delivered FREE tomorrow. ... Save 50% Off on Selcted Orders with Zebra Pen Hack Promo Code. With the discontinuation of the rOtring 600, there aren't a lot of good knurled options on the market. Selection: View full product details. Zebra F-xMD All Stainless Steel Pen - no need for F701/F402 hack/mod for EDC. This thread is archived. I didn't see anywhere in the US that had them.New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be castA subreddit dedicated to pens! New review is up on… This is where the hack comes in...First things first, we need to remove the plastic click mechanism from the F-701. ... 2 years ago. But it's almost $60 versus less than $20 including space pen refill for Zebra mod.What's Cap-O-Matic? You currently have javascript disabled. I like the way it looks, and the rubber grip. For Zebra: If you want to fit into Zebra F-701 etc you need to have something catch the spring but also widen the back end of the refill so that the clicker works properly. It's a totally reversible hack, so if you don't like it, … The ink dries extremely fast so there are no smears on the paper. youtu.be/jltLYM... Video. I love the Zebra F402 Stainless Steel Ballpoint Ink Pen! Next-Day delivery . 35% OFF. Since this post was published, Zebra has since released both the Zebra FxMD which is an all-metal version of the F-701 as well as a revised F-701 with the 402 components which makes the mechanism "hack” unnecessary. Deal. And, more importantly, the F-402 is a lot more comfortable to write with.I. Verified and Tested. The Zebra F-402 has been my go-to pen for almost a decade. The first task at hand is to get rid of the 701’s plastic spring retainer. I know, I know, I am throwing away perfectly good pens to do this hack...Second, and a bit more tricky, use a lighter to remove the brass piece from the F-402. But, continue reading to learn more about using the Fisher Space refill. I stopped because I realized that the bang-for-buck wasn't there. Well, the only downer to the F-701 (besides the Zebra ballpoint refill) is that the click mechanism is made of plastic. Archived. Even the rOtring Rapid Pro is kind of "meh", particularly with the $40+ price tag. The only flaw is the black plastic ring, though I modified the pen and replaced the plastic ring and clicker wth the analogous steel components taken from an F402. Verified and Tested. save hide report. You can choose which pen clip you prefer at this point. I’m curious if there’s any other hacks for F … ... Get 35% Off Zebra Pen F402 Coupon Code for Orders Above $75. Then take out the ballpoint refill it comes with, remove the little “stopper” from the end and stick that into a Zebra g301 gel refill.

SHOW DEAL. UPDATE!! Zebra F-701 Modification - posted in It Writes, But It Is Not A Fountain Pen ....: According to many user spread around the web you can modify a Zebra F-701 to get a Fisher Space refill, also you can get the metallic clicker from Zebra F-402 to create a much sturdy pen. SHOW DEAL. It's his favorite pen for writing and using on the job filling out work orders. Order within 11 hrs 11 mins. Some people prefer to shave it down or modify it, but I've found removing it to work fine. You should now have an all "metal" F-701.To install the Space Pen refill, there is a small plastic cone inside the tip of the pen that needs to be removed. Several functions may not work. Time to hack. (makes the pen a bit unsightly)  It actually sort of oozes out the end of the pen with the brass mechanism inside the goop, so have something handy to pull it out when this happens. Admittedly, I spent only about 10 minutes looking, but I could not seem to find a US seller or distributor for the F-xMD. The reason we don't want to go clamping down on the clicker is because we don't want to scratch it. I saw these the other day, and stared looking for them online. share. SHOW DEAL. 5 1. 480 Reviews | Ask a question. Testing Zebra F-402 Ballpoint Pen My youngest son gave me a pen he wanted me to try for sketching. Is that a twist or clicker pen?I don't think there's anything *but* metal in the original:That is one cool pen. Zebra Pen F-402 Retractable Ballpoint Pens, Fine Point, Black Ink, 2 Pack (29212) Item #: 810572 | Model #: 29212. I’m curious if there’s any other hacks for F-701 witch they are not shown around.BTW I got an F-701 with Fisher refill (M black) and order an F-402 to mod just out of curiosity.The only other hack I've tried was put in Zebra gel refill in F-701. Zebra F301, F301 Ultra, F402, 301A, Spiral Ballpoint Pen Refills, 0.7mm, Fine Point, Black Ink, 2/Pack, Sold as 3 Packs, Total of 6 4.7 out of 5 stars 133 $9.44 $ 9 . Product options. So you can hack F-701 with F-402 and Fisher refill.

4.9 /5. There is a pressure fit plastic sleeve that threads the brass mechanism into the barrel; our goal with the lighter is to heat up slowly the end of the pen to melt the plastic.

If the Zebra F-301 Ultra is an upgrade from the original Zebra F-301, then the Zebra F-402 is like a double-upgrade.It’s noticeably heavier, the barrel is a little bit longer, and all of the plastic has been replaced with stainless steel. 8 comments. 10% OFF. I find that it is a pretty snug fit, so you may need something grippy like a rubber glove to tighten it down. The 0.7 millimeter fine point ballpoint is perfect for writing letters. 1-Hour pick up. An all metal-ish pen and they choose to put in plastic instead. All you had to do was swap the spring and trim the end. They run about $6 for a two pack and you can pick them up just about anywhere. My favorite hack (and favorite carry pen) is a Zebra f701 with the f402 click assembly mod (replaces the plastic part from the f701 with the all metal of the f402.)